The three organisations at the heart of WAP first came together in 2000 to create participatory arts resource base. After 7 years and over £530k capital redevelopment they had transformed a disused weaving mill in Pennine Yorkshire into a fully functioning base for participatory arts activities: the Watershed.
Originally a weaving shed, the building has been fully refurbished and is now a fully accessible participatory arts space over 560m2.
The building boasts:
- a beautiful, spacious Activity Studio with a wooden floor and balcony overlooking the river Colne.
- the Bobbin, a large, friendly workshop and meeting space
- the ‘Carp’ meeting room, with lift access
- the Soft room multi-sensory environment
- two fully accessible toilets
- a kitchenette
- and a display window
With pavement level access to most public spaces and an access lift to other floors, the building also features making, administrative and storage spaces.
Watershed Workshops Limited is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No. 4433978 in May 2002
Registered Charity No. 1094768 in November 2002